Dwell is looking for an enthusiastic and bright self-starter to join our print and digital creative team in New York. The Associate Editor will work closely with the photo, art, and editorial departments to manage and oversee day-to-day operations, striving to enhance the company’s presence across all platforms, in addition to editing front-of-book print pieces and writing feature articles. The ideal candidate will have a proven interest in design, a background in print and/or online publishing and a keen interest in the future digital landscape. Close attention to detail; excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills; and an ability to multitask are essential.
- Bachelor of Arts, preferably in English or Journalism
- Minimum two years experience in print or online publishing
- Experience using content management systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media platforms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and InCopy/InDesign
- Knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style and AP Style
- Knowledge of Photoshop and/or video editing software a plus
- Write, assign, and edit features and departments
- Work on complementary digital content, troubleshooting, and new ideas
- Work to maintain a cohesive editorial voice throughout all of Dwell’s channels
- Strategize new concepts for increasing community engagement and traffic
- Report on emerging trends, up-and-coming designers, and industry innovation
To apply for the Associate Editor position in New York, please submit your materials here.