Program Committees Coordinator
- Provide administrative support for scheduling use of the facility and its event resources.
- Support publicity of programming by working closely with Committee members the AIA New York / Center for Architecture Communications Team.
- Manage committee files, mailing lists, communications, budgets, and committee coordination activities.
- Manage and administer the AIA New York Chapter continuing education program for architects, in compliance with the NYS Board of Architecture Continuing Education System (CES) and rules for AIA members.
- Support the Program Manager in the planning and implementation of other significant Chapter events, including administrative support for the annual Design Awards Program.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Well organized and detail oriented;
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple, simultaneous projects; and
- Excellent command of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and database management.
While not required qualifications for this position, the ideal candidate will have one or more of the following:
- 1-2 years professional experience in the non-profit or architecture space
- Volunteer management experience
- Salesforce experience
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Competitive salary to be offered commensurate with experience. All full-time employees of AIA New York and the Center for Architecture receive, after a 90-day evaluation period, a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Employees with 1 year of service are eligible for a 401(k) plan that includes a 3% employer contribution.
Qualified applicants should send a thoughtful cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the job title and your last name in the subject line of the email; include the cover letter in the body of the email; and attach one combined PDF file of your resume and writing sample. A business communication or program announcement is the preferred type of writing sample.
Applicants that do not follow these instructions will not be considered. No phone calls, please.