The Salvadori Center, a leading New York City educational non-profit, seeks a Full-Time Educator to facilitate classroom instruction in K-12 in-school and after-school programs.
· teaching Salvadori programs
· scheduling and facilitating a pre-planning meeting and weekly check-ins with teachers whose classes will be participating in the residency
· leading professional development workshops for adult learners
· assisting with preparation of materials for Salvadori programs and special events
· keeping accurate records and documentation of each session
· submitting reports documenting program accomplishments
· assisting in the development of hands-on, collaborative, project-based programs and lessons with a focus on the built environment
· assisting with planning and preparations for Salvadori’s annual Charrette and Benefit
· assisting with presentations and/or demonstrations about the Salvadori method
· organizing, cataloguing, and archiving lessons, materials, photographs, and other program documentation
· Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
· Experience teaching or tutoring K-12 students in an in-school or after-school environment
· NYC DOE fingerprint clearance
· Ability to travel within the five boroughs
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Publisher)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
· Background in civil engineering, structural engineering, architecture, design, math, or science
· Experience working with diverse student populations in high-need schools or community sites
· Experience with lesson planning and/or curriculum development
· Knowledge of best practices in classroom management and student development
· Familiarity with STEM, Common Core Math Standards, or New York State Standards for Math, Science, and Technology, as well as Blueprint for Teaching and Learning in the Arts
· Ability to work both independently and with others to advance organizational goals
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Salvadori offers competitive salaries with an excellent benefits package that includes 15 vacation days, 2 personal days, 9 sick days, and 10 days’ summer leave (typically two consecutive weeks in August); no cost health, vision, dental and life insurance; 403(b) plan (5% of salary).
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resume, cover letter and sample lesson plan in PDF format only to email@example.com with the subject line: Full-Time Educator Application.
Please use this format when submitting your application: FirstInitialFullLastName_Document, (for example JSmith_Resume, JSmith_CoverLetter, JSmith_LessonPlan), and mention where you saw this ad.
No phone calls, please.