The American Planning Association provides leadership in the development of vital communities by advocating excellence in planning, promoting education and citizen empowerment, and providing our members with the tools and support necessary to meet the challenges of growth and change.
APA strives to be the preeminent authority on innovative planning that rises to today’s challenges and meets emerging needs with energy and resolve.
We see planning as the best way of using public resources to create vital communities.
APA and its members are leading the way toward a stronger economy, a better environment, and a more equitable society.
We want to give communities confidence that good planning will help them make wise decisions and sound investments to reachtheir goals.
- APA will LEAD the planning movement.
- APA will COMMUNICATE AND ENGAGE to foster quality leadership and participation and to provide the best planning information.
- APA will PARTNER to leverage resources and build coalitions.
- APA will ADVOCATE for planning, planning leaders and good government.
- APA will INSPIRE building great communities.
- APA will SERVE its members.
205 N. Michigan Ave.
Chicago,, IL 60601United States
Number of Employees:
Main Organization Email: